Thursday, January 24, 2013

Let me climb on my soapbox....

So my belly has gotten pretty big in the last few weeks. This is fun because it makes me feel like I am really pregnant, not fun because I can't fit into any of my clothes and especially not fun because of all the awkward unwanted attention. Okay the attention hasn't been as bad as I first thought it was going to be.... I thought I would have random strangers rubbing my belly, thank goodness that has not happened.

Being pregnant is strange though, it's like people all the sudden have a free pass to tell you exactly what they think of you. This means exactly what they think of how you look, whether its good or bad. They tell you what you can or can't eat. They ask you what you are going to name your child and what they think of that name. Child birth, don't even get me started on that one. I get so much unsolicited advice and comments sometimes it drives me crazy! Of course some people are so nice and I truly love those people. But some people... are not.

My favorite thing in the world is when people have told me I look sick and really tired. What do you even say to that? What I want to say is, " thanks dicks! Try growing a human, its freaking exhausting!"

So my unsolicited advice to you would be, unless you are going to tell a pregnant woman she looks radiant and beautiful, keep your thoughts to yourself:)

26 weeks bump

2 comments:

  1. Nick wants to know if you were feeling OK in this picture, you don't look so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look radiant and beautiful. :) Truly.

    ReplyDelete