Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I am a mother

I have officially been a mother for 21 weeks. This little miracle will be arriving sometime around April 17th and Graham and I could not be happier. We found out at 14 weeks that we will be having a boy and I pray our little man is a miniature version of my cute husband, minus the beard. I already love this little guy that is inside of me so much. It is strange to love something that you haven't met or even seen really, but I love him with all my heart. I officially started to feel him kick last week. The sensation does not feel like butterflies like people have said but more like popcorn popping in my belly. Feeling him move makes me smile, jump and swoon with adoration. I also feel the weight of the world on my shoulders as I worry about my little one and would do anything to protect him. I notice myself in public, instinctively put my hand over my belly when someone walks close to me. So even though I have not given birth to my child yet, I know I am still a mother. And I love it.




4 comments:

  1. Alli!!!! Aaaaaaaahhhh!! I am SO excited for you! You are going to be a great mom, you are ALREADY a great mother. What a lucky little boy. And you are going to LOVE it! I kid you not, 15 months later, and I love my little boy more and more every day...I didn't even know that was possible! :)Good luck, and enjoy the kicks! I missed that feeling-minus him living in my ribs- after he was out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh.. you made me tear up there a bit! I am so proud of you and you will be an amazing mom! Can;t wait to see you again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so so excited for you Alli, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is so amazing how you can love someone you haven't even met so much! And when he is here and you are looking down at his little face, you will cry thinking about how much you love him! I'm so happy for you two! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete