Thursday, June 28, 2012

San Diego!


Two weeks ago we decided to take advantage of the time we have in California. We don't get out and do a lot together because of Dr. Mooy, but he had some time off this month so we headed out to San Diego. Graham is officially done with his first year of residency so we decided to celebrate! We stayed at a nice hotel, ate at the fanciest restaurants around. (this included a 5 course meal) Yeah we ate like kings. We spent one full day at the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park. There were so many beautiful things to see. We also spent a day at Torey Pines beach gathering ocean stones and walking in the waves.

By far the best thing about this trip was the baby giraffe at the zoo. She was just a week old and looked so mini and cute. Am I obsessed? A little. Apparently when mommy giraffes give birth the baby falls 6 feet to the ground, landing on their head and breaking the umbilical chord. Amazing. Oh yeah I got to pet a goat, I admit I was kind of terrified. Not only of the goats that apparently eat everything, but also because the chances of me getting urinated on at least doubled that day. (please see below)

We ended the trip in Irvine, eating at one of my favorite restaurants and going to see the movie Moonrise Kingdom. I adored every moment of the film. Yeah, this vacation was basically perfect.




















No comments:

Post a Comment