Thursday, June 28, 2012

Linguine love


It is official. We finally made homemade pasta. This has been a long time goal of Graham and I, especially after we received a pasta maker from Forrest and Shell a few years back. But in the closet it sat, lonely. Every once and a while I would take it out, dink around with it and imagine the possibilities. I figured that since I couldn't even figure out how to secure it to the counter, I probably shouldn't attempt making pasta. Ever.

Then one day out of the blue, Graham started making dough on the counter and pulled out the pasta maker. Don't worry I was there for moral support mostly. Graham let me turn the lever, it was fun. I was also in charge of hanging the pasta to dry. Yes, that is a hanger drying our pasta, we are classy like that. Can I tell you how satisfying this was, I mean to make our own pasta?? We made whole wheat pasta, well technically it was half wheat half white because if you make it 100% whole wheat you will have made cardboard in the shape of pasta. Anyways it was really fun and surprisingly easy! The end result was the best pasta I have ever had. ever. I had no idea what we have been missing out on. Now I am a firm believer that no one should ever have to buy pasta from the store. Go ahead, make your own. I promise you won't regret it.    








1 comment:

  1. Oh man you have me sold. I'll make it right after I do the laundry, clean the WHOLE house, bath my children, shower myself and go grocery shopping for everything OTHER than pasta..... :)

    ReplyDelete