Sunday, January 22, 2012

A day at the beach


Last week we drove out to Venice Beach. It was so awesome to curl my toes in the sand and feel the waves around my ankles. Something about going to the beach makes me feel alive and walking hand in hand with Graham was so nice.

We didn't come to Venice Beach to just see the water though... Venice is famous for its outside gym, shopping,  sword throwers,  guys that play instruments while roller skating, you know the usual. There are little shops lined up and down the coast... I love to shop so I was excited. It wasn't long before I realized we were a little out of our league. The shops sold t-shirts, weed, things to smoke weed, cigarettes, thongs (not the shoes), booze, tattoos, did I mention weed? For medicinal purposes of course. Pretty amusing. We did find some interesting art stands, and enjoyed sitting on a bench while watching the eclectic mix of people that work, live and visit Venice Beach.












2 comments:

  1. WOW, I just shoveled snow off my drive way while my hands, toes and nose froze to death. Enjoy those beaches for me will ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Venice Beach is insane!! Very amuzing though. By far the best place to people watch :)

    ReplyDelete