This is our adorable little Christmas tree. It is actually a Rosemary bush cut into the shape of a tree..so our house smells so good and we can use it for cooking. Wouldn't it be amazing if I could keep it alive till next Christmas? Doubtful.
Graham has been working non-stop this month so we never get to spend time together. Last weekend he was scheduled to get off early so I planned a little romantic dinner for two.
It is a tradition in our little family to make gingerbread houses around this time every year and watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. This tradition is close to my heart because not only was it one of our first official dates, but it is also how Graham proposed to me. Swoon! Gather around boys and girls and I will tell you the story.
While I was at work one day Graham had taken the liberty of going to Costco to get our Gingerbread house kits so that we could make them that evening. It was just a regular date night for the two of us, I remember it well. I was wearing sneakers. Nothing important happens to a girl while wearing sneakers right? We went to dinner at Cutlers Sandwich Shop. So good. Then we went back to Grahams parents house, put on some Christmas music and proceeded to make our houses. We take our house decorating pretty serious. So after about an hour or so of sugar and decor Graham looks and my house and says, "yours is missing something" I was excited. "Do you have some secret candy downstairs??" He smiled and said, "yes". I guess he was probably gone for about fifteen minutes. I didn't even notice because I was completely obsessed with making my house perfect. I didn't even notice when Graham finally came upstairs. You know that feeling when you feel someone watching you? Yeah I had that feeling. So I looked over to see the most handsome man in the world, dressed all dapper, kneeling on the ground with 2 dozen roses and a glittery ring.
Oh my goodness.
I was so shocked, surprised and beyond happy.
I was wearing sneakers.
It was perfect.
Looks like fun!! We should all get together sometime! I don't think we live that far away!
ReplyDelete