Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Law of the Pack

No no, I am not talking about Jacob and his band of cronies. I am talking about scouts. Cub scouts. Why you ask? Because last August I was given the calling at church to be a den mother. I remember the thought that came to my mind, "what the hell are they thinking?" I am not qualified to take care of ten year old boys and I can honestly say camping is my arch nemesis. I hate it. Gross. I digress. Anyways, my attitude was not exactly the shining example I wanted it to be. I felt like I was running a scam. Dressed in a scout shirt, with patches that I bought, teaching boys how to prepare a camp fire from the instructions that I got off google. Luckily for me I am partners with one of my awesome friends who felt equally unqualified for this random calling.

Over time my baditude changed. I don't even know when this happened but somewhere along the way I started to get excited about going to scouts and Kristin and I have so much fun teaching together. I really do try to be an example to my boys because they deserve the best. I totally love those little guys. Instead of changing out of my uniform before I go to the store, I wear it with nothing but pride. I am proud to be part of such a great program and I am proud to be a leader of such respectable young men! Yeah people look at me weird sometimes. Like maybe I am trying to start some fashion trend of hideous khaki and patches. I totally am. I am so grateful that I have been able to embrace this calling because I have grown so much. I even told Graham I would go camping this year. Maybe.





No comments:

Post a Comment